November 18, 2020
Updates on Re-Opening Langley from Principal Kellogg
DCPS has made movement toward making sure school buildings are ready for students. We have updates in our newsletter
- Hot Water - We have installed “insta hot” installations to faucets throughout the building. They are still working on installing insta-hot to group restrooms
- We are waiting to hear more from DGS on a long-term fix for our hot water issues
- Filters – we noted those on the last walkthrough (We have pictures on the website). They are in all classrooms and offices
- PPE Supplies – They are still coming in. Almost all items have been delivered. We are not 100% but we are close to what was said would be delivered
- Air Quality Sensors - still “in progress”
- Elevator Project - Today was the first day to start our elevator project. There has been a big push from the community for this and the contractor was onsite today.
- Medical Technicians are onsite - We currently have three medical technicians that started on Monday. When you arrive, you are greeted by one of three medical techs to take your temperature and provides the health screening assessment. Ms. James is still onsite but there is also a nurse that oversees Langley and two other schools.