Langley Elementary PTO Meeting Notes
November 18, 2020
Updates on Re-Opening Langley from Principal Kellogg
DCPS has made movement toward making sure school buildings are ready for students. We have updates in our newsletter
- Hot Water - We have installed “insta hot” installations to faucets throughout the building. They are still working on installing insta-hot to group restrooms
- We are waiting to hear more from DGS on a long-term fix for our hot water issues
- Filters – we noted those on the last walkthrough (We have pictures on the website). They are in all classrooms and offices
- PPE Supplies – They are still coming in. Almost all items have been delivered. We are not 100% but we are close to what was said would be delivered
- Air Quality Sensors - still “in progress”
- Elevator Project - Today was the first day to start our elevator project. There has been a big push from the community for this and the contractor was onsite today.
- Medical Technicians are onsite - We currently have three medical technicians that started on Monday. When you arrive, you are greeted by one of three medical techs to take your temperature and provides the health screening assessment. Ms. James is still onsite but there is also a nurse that oversees Langley and two other schools.
Langley Elementary PTO Meeting
Wednesday, October 21, 2020 7:30pm
Welcome-Maryam Oladipupo (5 minutes)
● Ms. Oladipupo welcomed Langley parents and staff to the meeting.
● Ms. Oladipupo also asked participants to utilize the chat feature for asking questions.
School Administration Updates-Principal Kellogg (20 minutes)
● Ms. Kellogg wanted to focus on some highlights:
We are excited to formally introduce your new SY20-21 PTO Board:
You had the opportunity to vote for them and we just had our formal handover meeting.
The SY19-20 Exec Board’s term has come to an end. It has been our honor to serve the Langley PTO community. We will continue to support the new team in their transition, but they are now the decision makers and your new leaders. Want to reach out to them with questions? Email LangleyPTA101@gmail.com
The new team will send a note introducing themselves, sharing their priorities for the year and announcing the first PTO meeting of the new school year.
How can you help the new PTO right now? Join the PTO by filling out your membership form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5DX9YWH.
We want to take a moment to thank all of YOU who made last year a big success. From volunteering your time to wash and organize uniforms, collecting items for the silent auction, asking your friends and family to donate to the Tiger Trek, volunteering at the Scholastic Book Fair, securing key grants for our garden, or simply donating a few dollars to our PTO. Each of you did something, and THAT is what makes success.
Your SY19-20 PTO Executive Board
Christina Robbins, President
Kiyana Ingram, Vice President
Kathrin Frauscher, Secretary
LaChelle Campell, Treasurer
Langley Elementary PTSA Meeting
Feb 25 2020
Summary & Decisions