Langley is a school on the rise and we are going to use this special funding to rise faster! We have some great things coming our way with our new ESSA funding and additional funding from the mayor’s office including:
- New Connected Schools Partnership: Langley will receive a Manager of Connected Schools who will research and implement wrap around services and partnerships to support our students and families.
- Curricular Resources: We are also investing $30,000 in math manipulatives and guided reading libraries inside our classrooms.
- Instructional Leadership: We are receiving an Assistant Principal of Math to focus on improving our math scores and matching our program to the needs of our students.
- Conscious Discipline Funding: We will continue to bring in high quality professional development and invest in more coaching at Langley with this increase in funds.
- Professional Development: We will invest in literacy and math training focused on Langley’s needs.
- Relay Cohort: Langley’s instructional leaders will participate in the Relay cohort with hands on training, targeted walkthroughs to create 6 week action plans throughout the year.
This all comes in addition to the very focused budget we created this year which included our new SPED leadership model, new Director of Operations, Reading Specialist, Instructional Coaches and investment in our new writing workshop curriculum.
Our enrollment is high this year, 66% currently and it’s only May. So proud of all of you who have helped make Langley a great place to learn! Check out our competitions below! Please see Ms. Graham in the main office for support with enrollment or email her at email@example.com.
- Better- 93%
- Overton- 78%
- Fongod- 46%
- Collins 16%
- Hopkins- 87%
- Murphy- 63%
- Rigby- 31%
- Pettit- 25%
- Williams- 53%
- Clark- 50%
- Abdullah- 30%
- O'Brien- 25%
- Jackson-Baker- 14%
- Maduako- 12%
Upcoming Events- Save the Date!
- 3rd Grade Math PARCC testing: Tuesday-Friday
- PTA Meeting: Thursday at 5:30pm
- Flag Football Game @ Randle Highlands: Friday afterschool
- Enrollment Playdates:
- Saturday, June 1: 10am-12pm
- Saturday, July 13: 10am-12pm
- PARCC Testing window: April 8 – May 24
- Summer Splash Family Night: May 23 from 5-7pm
- 5th Grade Promotion: June 6 at 9:30am
- Field Day: June 7
- Spring Concerts: June 13
- Enrollment Block Party: June 14
Wishing you well!