Black History Spirit Week
This year we are celebrating Black History month with a spirit week of learning the week we return from our mid-winter break February 25-29. We will kick it off with a school family assembly on Monday and we will have guests throughout the week coming in to read to us and teach us about important figures from our history. Black History is OUR history! We encourage families to use the mid-winter break to read and research one important figure as a family and then Thursday we will have a living museum where students can dress up and share about their person’s accomplishments.
Attendance C.A.R.E Fair
February 27th at 9:30 am the attendance team is hosting the 1st annual C.A.R.E Fair. Families who want or need support with housing, healthcare, transportation or anything to make their day to day life that much easier is invited to come. Resources will be available on the spot! If you would like to donate gift cards or resources to the event or have any connections to different departments within DC, please see Ms. Graham in the main office.
We will be collecting data the next two weeks from current families about your experience here at Langley and then using that in our planning for the next few years with our ESSA funding. Check your email for the survey or come in to do one in person, a booth will be in front of the auditorium.
Langley T-Shirt Sale
We have our royal blue t-shirts for children and adults on sale in the main office for $15. Students can wear them in place of their uniform any day of the week.
Upcoming Events- Save the Date!
- Mid-winter Break: February 18-22 (Springboard will be running programming please sign up on their website)
- Black History Spirit Week: February 25-March 1
- PTA Meeting: February 26 at 6pm
- Academic Partnering Meetings: March and March 8 afterschool
- Boundary Stone Live Music PTA Fundraiser: March 2 at 3pm
- Step Afrika Performance: Tuesday, March 19 at 2pm
- Summer Splash Family Night: May 23
- 5th Grade Promotion: June 6
- Field Day: June 7
- Spring Concerts: June 13
Wishing you well!